pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Reading at the Moment?

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What Are You Reading at the Moment? Empty What Are You Reading at the Moment?

Post by Shrimpchu 25th December 2012, 8:47 am

Currently I am reading The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. I do like what I've read so far of her Shiver trilogy, but so far the Scorpio Races just feels like there's a lot left unexplained. I'll just have to see if that changes.

I'm also reading the second Game of Thrones book, it's good. I need to stop leaving it down for so long though, or I'm never going to finish it.
Shrimpchu
Shrimpchu
Chief Potato
Chief Potato

https://pandemonium.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

What Are You Reading at the Moment? Empty Re: What Are You Reading at the Moment?

Post by GothyUndead 25th December 2012, 8:59 am

Just finished Memoirs Of A Geisha, it was amazing.
My things to read list is looong but I'm currently reading Linger of the Shiver trilogy you recommened to me :p
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

What Are You Reading at the Moment? Empty Re: What Are You Reading at the Moment?

Post by Shrimpchu 25th December 2012, 9:09 am

I'm getting Linger for Christmas! Linger, and Forever is the third one right? So I can finally finish that story.. though I don't want it to end.

I have an almost long to read list. Other Sarah keeps firing books at me, and it'd be so much more if I had any type of e-reader Neutral At some point I'll dig the rest of the books out and list them, but I know Stephen Fry's biography is there - that should be a good read.
Shrimpchu
Shrimpchu
Chief Potato
Chief Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by GothyUndead 28th December 2012, 5:20 am

I believe Forever is the third one indeed. Did you get any books for Christmas?
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpchu 28th December 2012, 6:26 am

It is it is, yes I got Linger and Forever just in time for Christmas! Also two books from Sarah A. which I can't remember the titles are but she highly recommends them and maybe she can reveal the titles when she gets her butt on here Smile
Shrimpchu
Shrimpchu
Chief Potato
Chief Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by GothyUndead 28th December 2012, 7:09 am

Ahh hurry up then, I'm curious now :p
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by secretkey 29th December 2012, 2:16 am

WHAT IS LEFT UNEXPLAINED IN SCORPIO? I DISAGREE.

I love Memoirs of a Geisha, it's one of my favourites and it meant that I kept buying geisha-themed books. Have so many now.

And the iron fey series- that's what the books are from.

Do you have that tablet up and running as an e-reader, gemma? I could bring books to your house next time I visit.

SARAH SHOULD GET AN E-READER. I've seen ones for forty squid and I have THOUSANDS of books to share :]

I'm reading...
The Stand by Stephen King- finally!
The Long Walk, also by King, it's great,
The Winter Palace by somebody
Starling by Lesley Livingstone
and I think that's it.

Maggie Stiefvater= love. Her 'Raven Boys' and her fairy books are also great.

YOU TWO SHOULD USE GOODREADS.
secretkey
secretkey
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpchu 29th December 2012, 4:47 am

secretkey wrote:WHAT IS LEFT UNEXPLAINED IN SCORPIO? I DISAGREE.

Do you have that tablet up and running as an e-reader, gemma? I could bring books to your house next time I visit.

SARAH SHOULD GET AN E-READER. I've seen ones for forty squid and I have THOUSANDS of books to share :]

Maybe it's because I haven't finished it yet. I just don't get the point of what's happening. Yet.

Well, I have several book related apps that came on it, so I guess so? We'll find out when you bring your book army to mine. Sarah has a tablet actually - I do believe the same as mine Very Happy

So I get get more spam Razz So many emails from you updating yours, it's shocking.
Shrimpchu
Shrimpchu
Chief Potato
Chief Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by GothyUndead 29th December 2012, 6:00 am

I thought I was a bookworm but yes, looking at Sarah's Goodreads :O

I do indeedy have the same tablet as Gemmararar
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpchu 29th December 2012, 6:03 am

No one is a bookworm compared to secretkey, she's like a machine when it comes to reading! It's rather terrifying.

I forgot I'm also in the process of reading Marley & Me. Such a mischievous dog, I don't want to get to the end.

Shrimpchu
Shrimpchu
Chief Potato
Chief Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by GothyUndead 29th December 2012, 6:09 am

Ahh I'm glad someone spoiled the end for me before I started because I couldn't read that Sad
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by secretkey 29th December 2012, 10:29 am

Shrimpchu wrote:
Maybe it's because I haven't finished it yet. I just don't get the point of what's happening. Yet.

Well, I have several book related apps that came on it, so I guess so? We'll find out when you bring your book army to mine. Sarah has a tablet actually - I do believe the same as mine Very Happy

So I get get more spam Razz So many emails from you updating yours, it's shocking.

Gemma- I don't geddit? EXPLAIN WOMAN. TELL ME WHAT YOU DON'T GET. Maybe it's because you've read it over ___months and you're not really in it.

& Sarah, would you like me to send you some books? If you have requests, I can get them too, but for starts I could bombard you with everything good. Just reply with what you want :]

I suck at goodreads- I'm like 30 books behind- supposed to read 366 books this year, i'm at 331 with like 4 days to go...
secretkey
secretkey
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpchu 29th December 2012, 10:56 am

secretkey wrote:
Shrimpchu wrote:

Gemma- I don't geddit? EXPLAIN WOMAN. TELL ME WHAT YOU DON'T GET. Maybe it's because you've read it over ___months and you're not really in it.

I suck at goodreads- I'm like 30 books behind- supposed to read 366 books this year, i'm at 331 with like 4 days to go...

Probably that is why. It's just I don't understand the whole thing with the racing the horses - why do they do this, why don't they just avoid them - or is this just water horse style extreme sports? Also why does Puck think her competing in the race will make a difference regarding her brother, or is she just doing it regardless, kinda in spite. Oh and the guy at the stables, Sean isn't it? Is his purpose just to be great with horses and be the perfect companion to that horse, Corr is it?

YOU'VE STILL READ OVER 300 BOOKS IN A YEAR. THAT'S AMAZING.

Shrimpchu
Shrimpchu
Chief Potato
Chief Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by GothyUndead 29th December 2012, 12:29 pm

I am impressed Sarah. And sure, send me anything you recommend, I trust you will make good choices. Nothing Twilighty though please.
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by GothyUndead 29th December 2012, 5:20 pm

Someone was talking about ''He's A Stud, She's A Slut And 49 Other Double Standards Every Woman Should Know'' and I thought I had tracked it down, however, it was only a ''preview'' of the first 50-ish pages. It was interesting and I would like to read more, it's not available in any of my local bookstores so if anyone knows where I could read online or hunt it down etc? Thanks.
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by secretkey 30th December 2012, 4:11 am

Shrimpchu wrote:
secretkey wrote:
Shrimpchu wrote:

Probably that is why. It's just I don't understand the whole thing with the racing the horses - why do they do this, why don't they just avoid them - or is this just water horse style extreme sports? Also why does Puck think her competing in the race will make a difference regarding her brother, or is she just doing it regardless, kinda in spite. Oh and the guy at the stables, Sean isn't it? Is his purpose just to be great with horses and be the perfect companion to that horse, Corr is it?

It's a sport!
And it's either because they'll have money= he'll stay or he worries= he'll stay, but I forget because I read it ages ago.
Sean? Yeah, he's just mad for the horses, and Corr is his horse, but he doesn't own Corr, he loves Corr and wants Corr and needs to win the race to get the money to buy Corr.

EH, whatever...

Sarah- I don't like Twilight either, but I read a lot of adult and also ya books- so I have a few I've filtered out to be good. A lot of young adult is bad, but there are also gems. I'll upload some and fb you their links-
have you read the mortal instruments? or the sookie stackhouse books? I also have hunger games, stephen king, and thousands more.

what do you like, generally. I'll hunt down that book for you. I have other valenti books? I don't like her that much, myself, but i read them because it's fast-to-read feminism :] would you like any of her others?
secretkey
secretkey
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpchu 30th December 2012, 4:27 am

secretkey wrote:
Shrimpchu wrote:
secretkey wrote:
Shrimpchu wrote:

It's a sport!
And it's either because they'll have money= he'll stay or he worries= he'll stay, but I forget because I read it ages ago.
Sean? Yeah, he's just mad for the horses, and Corr is his horse, but he doesn't own Corr, he loves Corr and wants Corr and needs to win the race to get the money to buy Corr.

EH, whatever...

But he shows no sign of staying, she's completely basing it on if they get the money he'll change his mind. Strange sport for carnivorous horses.
Yes I am aware he wants Corr/win to buy him - but so far I'm under the impression the guy that actually owns him won't sell for any amount..?
Shrimpchu
Shrimpchu
Chief Potato
Chief Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by secretkey 30th December 2012, 4:41 am

She needs the money anyway, she'd just hoping he';; stay.
Yeah, it's just the sort of heritage of Thisby, racing those horses. It's their thing.

Oops. Ignore that for now.

Right now, the closest he can be to Corr is racing him
secretkey
secretkey
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by GothyUndead 30th December 2012, 6:40 am

secretkey wrote:Sarah- I don't like Twilight either, but I read a lot of adult and also ya books- so I have a few I've filtered out to be good. A lot of young adult is bad, but there are also gems. I'll upload some and fb you their links-
have you read the mortal instruments? or the sookie stackhouse books? I also have hunger games, stephen king, and thousands more.

what do you like, generally. I'll hunt down that book for you. I have other valenti books? I don't like her that much, myself, but i read them because it's fast-to-read feminism :] would you like any of her others?

YA is a guilty pleasure of mine, too lol I literally read anything. Not a fan of romances, though.
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by secretkey 1st January 2013, 11:05 pm

I like romances if they don't make me roll my eyes and if the romance isn't the main theme.

YA romance is usually awful, but there are some alrights, like the Shiver books...
secretkey
secretkey
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by GothyUndead 2nd January 2013, 8:12 am

I'm a secret fan of The Clique.
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by secretkey 2nd January 2013, 9:16 am

Never read it Sad

Get any of those books on my livejournal?
secretkey
secretkey
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by GothyUndead 2nd January 2013, 11:23 am

I browsed, some looked good, I haven't had a chance to read anything yet though.
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by secretkey 10th January 2013, 6:42 am

Okay- I'll send you some books this week- can you work google drive, i could share via that?

PM me your email and i'll attach them to that first, it might be faster.

I'm reading a copy of Charles Perrault's Fairytales-Illustrated by Harry Clarke, this stained glass artist from Dublin who does the most gorgeous ink drawings-

Spoiler:

Then there's a book on Catherine the Great, and another historical one called 'Caroline the Unhappy Queen'.
secretkey
secretkey
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by GothyUndead 10th January 2013, 7:15 am

I will try and get that google thing working but I do not understand it :S
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum