pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vegetarianism

3 posters

Go down

Vegetarianism Empty Vegetarianism

Post by GothyUndead 3rd January 2013, 6:20 am

Discuss.
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Vegetarianism Empty Re: Vegetarianism

Post by secretkey 3rd January 2013, 6:56 am

I'm vegetarian, as most of you know.

Here are my reasons:

I don't think I could ever appreciate that I was eating a life, if that makes sense. It's so easy to eat something like prawns and to not think about all the little lives and worlds you're eating. Maybe if I killed and prepared them myself I could eat them. I couldn't order a cheese burger from mcdonalds, not think any more of it and be okay with that.

I don't need to eat meat to survive. Why should I?

3. I don't have claws, nor, contrary to some rumours, do I have fangs. I'm not made to hunt, so why should I eat things that have to be hunted/would have to be, naturally.
I know that invention could be called our version of teeth and claws, but still. I just don't feel that it equates to being a hunter.

COME AT ME, BROS. ARGUUEEE

secretkey
secretkey
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by GothyUndead 3rd January 2013, 7:56 am

I can't argue with you Sarah because I want to be veggie again (due to health reasons, my iron levels were so low even on the highest dose of iron tablets it wasn't coming up so the doctors pretty much force me on meat) actually as I was for 4 years, but it gets harder and harder as more and more products contain animal stuff these days. Even some breads are made with chicken feathers (our admin watched the same show I did which pointed that out). And it's expensive. I do also have a small nagging feeling of ''well if I didn't buy this meat product, it would be left to rot on the shelf, maybe someone else wouldn't buy it, then it would go bad, get thrown out blah blah...'' then the poor animal would have died for no reason, at least if the meat was ate it was for a purpose. If that makes sense? Just my weird brain? lol.
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpchu 3rd January 2013, 8:16 am

I'm afraid I have a bit of a contradictive view. Personally I couldn't be a vegetarian, as I love chicken too much. Otherwise I could probably live without meat. I don't like the idea of animals being killed just for human consumption, but I do have the view of, as long as it's humanely, animals would be being hunted anyway.
Shrimpchu
Shrimpchu
Chief Potato
Chief Potato

https://pandemonium.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by secretkey 4th January 2013, 9:57 am

Sarah, if I were you I'd eat it- if you need it for health, that's fine, I just don't eat it cause I can live without it.

Health before morals, always.

I never liked chicken, gemma, and I know but personally I don't want to put that in me. Like, if the zombies came I'd eat anything. But in a zombie free world, where quorn tastes just like chicken, i'll give meat a miss :]
secretkey
secretkey
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpchu 4th January 2013, 10:41 am

See I love chicken. It's the only meat I care about. I don't get the world's obsession with bacon, I don't see the big deal about turkey (although it's not so bad in sandwiches, with sauce).

My view basically comes down to food is food. Even if I so would live on pizzas (easily just margheritas) forever.
Shrimpchu
Shrimpchu
Chief Potato
Chief Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by GothyUndead 4th January 2013, 11:11 am

I had Quorn today and couldn't taste the difference between ''real'' beef. But it has improved a lot. ''In my day'' when I was a veggie (just a few years ago) it was so cardboardy and fake. So props to Quorn for that.
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by secretkey 5th January 2013, 4:02 am

I know what you mean- it's gotten so like meat, especially when I don't remember normal meat so clearly.

I eat meat once a year, lol, when I go to my great aunt's house in England because she thinks I eat fish, and I don't want to break it to her. It's gone on for too long. So once a year I have prawns, :]
secretkey
secretkey
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpchu 5th January 2013, 5:19 am

Prawns, that may or may not be out of date and not correctly cooked. You brave vegetarian.
Shrimpchu
Shrimpchu
Chief Potato
Chief Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by GothyUndead 5th January 2013, 9:10 am

We'll let you off this once Sarah Wink
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree