pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do Dreams Have A Spiritual Meaning?

3 posters

Go down

Do Dreams Have A Spiritual Meaning? Empty Do Dreams Have A Spiritual Meaning?

Post by GothyUndead 3rd January 2013, 6:34 am

Have you had a recurring dream or dreamt something and it happened? Do you believe dreams have a deeper meaning or just your subconcious sorting it's thoughts of the day out? Discuss your belief of dreams here (this is a separate thread to discuss dreams you have in general, see: https://pandemonium.forumotion.co.uk/t19-walking-in-a-dream-land )
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Do Dreams Have A Spiritual Meaning? Empty Re: Do Dreams Have A Spiritual Meaning?

Post by secretkey 5th January 2013, 7:08 am

Oh, dreams are wonderful.

I had a recurring nightmare for years. Me and a giraffe ran across a chessboard, running from the gun man off on rayman. I don't know what that meant, but it stopped years ago. Recently I've had scarier recurring ones, of mummified animals and of wakes and things.

I think they repeat until you learn the lesson- whether it comes from in yourself or outside, they do teach you things, in an abstracted way.

Write them down. At the very least they make interesting reading.

I woke up sleep-paralysed last year, lying, unable to move but perfectly awake, sure there was someone beside me, touching my head. I thought I was dead, and I struggled until I could move again and then, gradually, I was able to get up. That's was very scary at the time, but very interesting too. My dream bled right into waking, the characters just shifting into the real world. I could hear the budgies, feel the bed, but I was still dreaming, and the world was buzzing. It's all to do with some sleep hormone, but people used to think it was like an attack, from an old hag.

There's also a lot of junk in dreams, like things from your day, and you have to filter that out, but I think it's worthwhile.

I know people who've dreamt things that have happened- I haven't, but my mother has. If my dreams came true, I'd be married to sonic the hedgehog right now :s haha

Has anyone else dreamt like serialised things? I used to dream about this island, and every night the story would go on and on until it stopped. Like a tv show.
secretkey
secretkey
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Do Dreams Have A Spiritual Meaning? Empty Re: Do Dreams Have A Spiritual Meaning?

Post by Shrimpchu 5th January 2013, 8:49 am

I'm kind of sad to say my dreams revolve around random combinations of people and things in my real life. At least the few dreams I've ever remembered long enough to record.

The closest thing to interesting was a dream that left me terrified, waking in the night and unable to sleep for hours - turning on the light and texting friends in hope of them being awake. Best part: even when I had only just awoke, feeling terrified, I have never remembered what that dream was. So yes, if dreams have a spiritual meaning, mine are not too communicative. Which may be fitting for my own vague ways.
Shrimpchu
Shrimpchu
Chief Potato
Chief Potato

https://pandemonium.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GothyUndead 5th January 2013, 9:08 am

Very interesting dreams there, girls. Gemmarar I'd love you to remember that dream.

Sarah re: serialized dreams, in my dreams there's often a ginger girl and we're ''best friends'' she's in every situation every dream all the time, I never learn her name I just know that I know her. But there's nobody I know like her in real life. And I've heard from several sources you can only dream of people you know/have seen. Even if it was just a quick glance in the street your subconscious will remember the strangers' faces and use them in dreams. So I dunno why my brain has obviously picked up on one girl lol
GothyUndead
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpchu 5th January 2013, 9:39 am

I wouldn't. The sense of fear was enough, more than even.

Or maybe she's from a TV show? I mean pop. culture is bound to affect dreams in some way? Just wondering.
Shrimpchu
Shrimpchu
Chief Potato
Chief Potato

https://pandemonium.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by secretkey 5th January 2013, 8:50 pm

Weird. I guess it's like you can't really create anything, because everything that inspires you influences you comes from around you- so nothing is new.
secretkey
secretkey
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum