pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Hill (the movie)

2 posters

Go down

Silent Hill (the movie) Empty Silent Hill (the movie)

Post by Shrimpchu 13th January 2013, 12:39 pm

I love this movie. It's just so perfectly what the hell, seemingly effortlessly. Also, watching it after starting to play the games I swear I appreciate all the sound affects and little details in the town so much more. Even if everytime I watch it I'm left with more questions than the last time.

I'm looking forward to eventually see the sequel too. Almost forgot there was a sequel until watching the first tonight. Anyone else a Silent Hill fan, or has anyone seen the sequel - is it good?

Last edited by Shrimpchu on 14th January 2013, 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shrimpchu
Shrimpchu
Chief Potato
Chief Potato

https://pandemonium.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill (the movie) Empty Re: Silent Hill (the movie)

Post by secretkey 14th January 2013, 10:57 am

I love it! It perfectly snapshots creepy- like, the room of nurses. And that thing in the bathrooms.

And pyramid head, my love.

Some movies don't get that- they try to have the kind of creepy aesthetic, with broken dolls and scary hospitals/whatever but they never get it as good as silent hill.

we need to re-watch. and also- the descent, fright night, strangers and BOO

and the second movie, when on dvd...
secretkey
secretkey
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by secretkey 14th January 2013, 10:58 am

APPARENTLY RELEASED IN FEBRUARY!
secretkey
secretkey
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpchu 14th January 2013, 2:23 pm

Or the first creature they run into, first time watching it that really paints the picture that this place is seriously not right.

Yes, it all seems same old, same old, some get rather creepy for their over-used ideas, but I agree nothing is like Silent Hill, those sound effects are just.... haunting. (or totally exciting in terror haha). I wonder if Pyramid Head gets more screen time in the sequel.

Also I love how this movie makes me think more about what on earth is going on? *Not at all like I'm sitting up reading wikis on the cult's (sect :3 ) mythology or forum threads theorising about the ending.*

Agreed we have to do a big re-watch of the favourites - and can I remind you of dead birds - can't not re-watch that too.

WHAT DATE?!?!?!? CINEMA TRIP?! Very Happy
Shrimpchu
Shrimpchu
Chief Potato
Chief Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by secretkey 15th January 2013, 12:49 am

I do that with all kinds of things- I love it when a book or movie makes me google and hang in the weirder parts of the internet.

ohmyohmyohmy deadbirds! nananananananananana deadbirds! there are more personal classics but i don't remember them now ;[

NONONO GEMMA, IT'S OUT OF THE CINEMA :[ WAS IN NOVEMBER.
secretkey
secretkey
Butterfree
Butterfree

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrimpchu 15th January 2013, 3:41 pm

See I'm content with most things, but Silent Hill has me running to google. At least more so based on it itself anyway - I have been known to randomly google anything of books or films for the sack of it haha. The other day I was googling old electronic dolls because it bugs me I could never remember this actually kinda creepy doll from my childhood.

deadbirds, it has the creepy factor haha. We'll remember them over time! Very Happy

Oh you meant the DVD.. Sad see I was always confused about the cinema dates, because literally all I heard of it was it being on Halloween or something and then saw nothing for it again so I was a rather confused person. Bring on the DVD!
Shrimpchu
Shrimpchu
Chief Potato
Chief Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down